As Justices, we should administer a statutory declaration (or an affidavit) regardless of whether we agree or disagree with the statements the deponent is making. Our role is to ensure that;
- the Name, Address and Occupation of the deponent are recorded at the beginning,
- Alterations are initialled
- Blank spaces have a line through them or are marked N/A
- Exhibits/attachments have an Exhibit Note completed
- the Jurat is completed accurately and
- If the Justices address details are requested that they are completed.
The content of the declaration has nothing to do with the JP.