The Council of the Auckland Justices of the Peace Association held its monthly meeting on November 11, 2020.
· This was the final meeting that Janet Thompson will attend as Registrar, and her work and dedication to the role were acknowledged. She will be formally farewelled at the December Council meeting.
· Applications for the role of Registrar are being received, and interviews will be held very soon.
· Two swearing-in ceremonies have been held recently – welcoming eleven new Justices.
· Discussion was held about the process to link a Justice’s swearing-in, and being allocated to a Support Group within the electorate of the MP who nominated them, and then the necessary mentoring on a Service Desk. Further work will ensure that process is being effective.
· Support Groups are seen as key networks for all JPs, and discussion covered the appropriate way to initiate a new AJPA desk, wherever it was to be located.
· Plans are being developed for the meeting of Support Group coordinators early in the new year.
· The G-suite of software is providing a good link between individual filing systems and a central, accessible concentration of our data. All Council members now have email@example.com addresses and are starting to use them. Everyone is adapting to the new system.
· The AJPA website has been switched to a new host, and functionality remains good. Using the top-line menu is the best way to access different parts of it.
· Planning is starting on the appropriate way of celebrating 100 years of the Auckland Justices of the Peace Association in 2022. Plans will be developed and shared with members during next year.
· Council will meet for the final time in December 2020.