- the deputy PM has gone on record as saying he hopes we will not be at “Red” level very long.
- the Auckland border will open on 15 December.
- we are now only 4 weeks or so out from the Christmas shut-down.
- our host venues for Service Desks i.e. Libraries, CABs, CourtS, Malls and other venues are still coming to grips with the new traffic light framework
- the Vaccination passport is in the early trial stage, and we don’t know how it is actually going to work in JP practice
- the AJPA has a duty of care to our Justices, our Clients and to the other people who work in our host venues
- we need to ensure that we have sufficient lead-in time to fully prepare when our Service Desks reopen
Taking into consideration all of the above, a decision has been made that AJPA Service Desks will remain closed at COVID-19 Traffic Light RED and will not open in any venue until the Auckland Region moves to ORANGE. Currently, it is uncertain when Auckland will move to level “Orange”, so for clarity and to allow time for planning and preparation across the region, Council has determined that SDs will not be open before 01 February 2022, even if a move to “Orange” should occur sooner. Details of operation under “Orange” will be communicated next week.