The Council of the Auckland Justices of the Peace Association held its regular monthly meeting on 11 September 2019.
- Details were finalised for the AGM and Regional conference to be held on 22 September at Alexandra Park Raceway with registrations from 9.00 am – an important governance, communication, and networking event. It also has a training component which will qualify for accreditation. Lunches are being preordered via $20 payment to the AJPA Treasurer
- AGM documents, including the President’s Annual Report and Annual Financial Report, have been completed and posted on the website. Copies have been prepared for attendees at the AGM.
- The President has continued to visit Support Group meetings to ensure, with liaison Council members, close support for those serving their communities across the region.
- Reconciliation of membership lists, including current email addresses, has almost been completed. With more than 1300 members, this has been a huge task worked on by several Council members supporting our part-time Registrar.
- The Association has made a further application to the Lotteries Grant Board, in order to support Members and Service Desks in particular. Such grants also allow greater activity without raising membership fees. In the past year, name tags, stamp vouchers and banners were all made available to those working on Service Desks.
- Further planning is being undertaken for a meeting of Support Group Coordinators in February next year
- Work is continuing on developing Google Docs as a means of simplifying and making available rostering processes as well as the collection of statistics for Service Desks. An update will be provided in February.
- There has recently been significant interest expressed by individuals who want to become Justices. Interviews have been held and refresher courses arranged so that swearing in ceremonies can be arranged in as timely a manner as possible.
- Accreditation support is ongoing, with Trainers available to assist at Support Group meetings, and to facilitate group computer access when appropriate – ask the Training Team!