The Council of the Auckland Justices of the Peace Association met on September 8, 2021. The meeting was held by Zoom due to Covid Alert Level 4 restrictions.
- A decision was made to cancel the Regional Conference for 2021 – Covid Level 1 would be required for us to meet and is highly unlikely at this stage.
- A decision was made to hold the 2021 AGM as a virtual meeting, with papers going out Sept 26, a Zoom Q&A on October 10, and electronic voting closing October 10.
- Work to develop and implement a virtual AGM format with appropriate voting for agenda items and balloting for Council members is ongoing. Details to follow.
- All training, professional development, and swearing-in ceremonies are on hold. We will advise new dates as soon as possible.
- Another successful Zoom accreditation course was held in early August (113/138 of these participants are now accredited), and our accreditation rate has increased to 50% now – a pleasing move forward.
- Electronic processing of documentation has been very busy, especially for those Justices listed on our website as able to do this. Many other Justices are also processing remotely when asked to do so.
- With all Service Desks closed at Level 4, some Support Groups have held effective Zoom meetings to maintain contact.
- The survey from the Royal Federation on the structure of that federation has been completed by individuals approached directly by RF. In addition, individuals, some Support Groups, and Council have had input into a collated response from AJPA. The results reflect the views of many members and will inform RF decision-making.