Notes from May Council Meeting
The Council of the Auckland Justices of the Peace Association met for its regular meeting on May 10 2023.
- The meeting for Support Group Co-ordinators and Rosterers was held in Parnell on April 15, and those who attended this half-day meeting found it useful. Points raised will be worked on, and a summary will be circulated shortly.
- There are still some Service desks who do not submit statistics on time, or even very late. It would be greatly appreciated if this could be done using the online form prior to the 7th of EVERY month. The totals have less validity if several are missing. Thank you to those who regularly submit their stats on time.
- A vintage AJPA membership medallion inscribed with the name CB Shine 1924 has been located. The medallion and a copy of the provenance as researched by Ric Carlyon will be framed and hung in the AJPA office.
- There are three swearing in ceremonies this week with a total of 27 new Justices being sworn.. Two ceremonies will be at the Auckland District Court and one at Manukau District Court. This will bring the backlog from Covid and floods pretty much up to date.
- HUB Professional Development sessions are underway and three have been held so far with around 45 attendees at each. On Sunday 14 May there is a HUB on Waiheke Island.
- The AJPA AGM and Royal Federation’s Auckland Regional Conference is scheduled for Sunday September 17th 2023. Further details to follow.