The Council of the Auckland Justices of the Peace Association held its monthly meeting on May 11, 2022.
● Plans are being finalised and confirmed attendances totalled, for the annual SG Co-ordinators and Rosterers meeting on Saturday, May 28th.
● A small number of members (for whom capitation fees have already been paid to Royal Federation) have still not paid their subscriptions for this year. Their membership of AJPA will cease shortly.
● On-line Accreditation courses continue to be a popular and effective way to keep members current. A course was held in early May, and another is scheduled to start on July 4th. See the AJPA website for details, to ensure you complete BOTH parts of accreditation: professional development session (it could be a Hub or a training session run by an AJPA trainer at your SG meetings) AND pass the on-line test.
● All Justices are encouraged to attend one of the Hub sessions held during May-June-July at a date and location that is convenient for them. Content is repeated at each location, and members can select a date and place that is convenient for them.
● The 2022 Regional Conference date has been decided: Sunday 25 September. All members are encouraged to mark the date, and plan to attend. AJPA’s AGM will be held on that occasion also.
● Most Service Desks are now operating, although many with reduced days or hours. Thanks to those Justices who have worked to re-establish this service.