The Council of the Auckland Justices of the Peace Association held its monthly meeting on June 9, 2021.
- Planned visits to local MPs are being completed, building links with those who nominate JPs. Without exception, MPs have appreciated the contact and offered to communicate their selection processes.
- 90 of the 118 enrolled in the May study group have completed their accreditation. Some still need to update their professional development date (probably Hub training) to get the full 2-year time frame.
- All Hub training has been successfully completed for the year, with good attendance and positive feedback. A reminder that trainers can be invited to Support Groups at any time of the year.
- Several of our trainers participated in a ‘Train the Trainers’ event in Wellington, and have benefited from the collegial discussions.
- There are a large number of provisionally appointed Justices awaiting a swearing-in ceremony, so additional dates are being sought. A further group will be interviewed in the next few weeks.
- AJPA Year-end is 30 June and financial statements and a budget are being prepared.
- There are still a number of JPs who are not contactable by email, and Council is working out how best to keep them informed
- A call for participants in the Judicial Studies Course will be made shortly. This is a challenging distance learning course that prepares JPs to take on Judicial duties
- The Centenary Committee is working hard to plan an appropriate set of events and activities to commemorate 100 years of the AJPA in 2022.