The Council of the Auckland Justices of the Peace Association met on August 10th, 2022.
- The Accreditation Study group which started on 1 August included 170 members. Many of those Justices did not have a copy of the current Ministerial Manual. If you don’t have a copy, please contact our Registrar (email@example.com). Once these Justices sit and pass the Accreditation test, our percentage of Accredited Members will improve significantly.
- Plans for our Regional Conference and AGM to be held at Alexandra Park on September 25th are well underway and an agenda for the day will be released shortly. Nominations for positions on Council close on August 27th. If you are attending the conference please email our Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that we can advise the venue of numbers for catering. Your morning tea and lunch will be provided by the association in recognition of our Centenary year.
- In the past months, the Professional Development team has successfully conducted training workshops for 18 provisionally appointed Justices, in a new venue.
- A new Service Desk for Greenlane hospital (staff clients) has been approved and will start a weekly service on September 1.
- We have received several further complaints from the public about Justices who are rude or unhelpful. We would remind all Justices of their responsibility to behave in a professional manner and to adhere to the Code of Conduct (see Ministerial Manual Pages 112-3)
- So far more than 70 people have registered to attend the Centenary Dinner on October 15 which is the highlight of our Centenary year. Please complete the registration form by clicking this LINK to reserve your place.
- The Council farewelled Justice Wallis Walker who has served on the Council in various roles for the past 20 years. Wallis’ interest in and knowledge of the history of our association has been valuable in guiding discussion and decisions at Council meetings and she will be greatly missed.