July Council Meeting
The Council of the Auckland Justices of the Peace Association held its monthly meeting on July 8, 2020.
- Hub Professional Development sessions have restarted, with excellent attendance for these update meetings. Don’t forget to locate a convenient time and place to attend, between now and mid-August – refer to the President’s email of 6 July.
- Two swearing-in ceremonies have been arranged to include Justices deferred during Covid-19
- New, slightly modified logbooks have been printed – available free if Justices want to use them for the required record-keeping. These will be available at the Hub Sessions. Approaches can be made to Support Group Coordinators or the Registrar.
- Consideration for contact times for Registrar, Council Members, was discussed. 5.30 am texts are both unnecessary and inconsiderate
- Our Facebook page now has 224 members, and is used as a forum for a wide range of topics and news
- It was great to see that 99% of members have now paid their membership fee, as we approach the END of this financial year! Those unpaid at this stage put their membership and listing on Find a JP, at risk
- Considerable effort is being made to clarify our contractual relationship with our IT supplier, and to set the most cost-effective level to support our IT needs, website hosting, and professional development needs. Surface Pros have been reconciled against the asset register; reformatted and charged.
- Work continues on maintaining the website, and developing ways to maintain the accuracy of our data base information. Please remember to advise the Registrar of ANY changes to your details.
- Most AJPA Service Desks, wherever they are hosted, are back to near-usual hours after Covid-19 halts. Some have relocated, so clients need to check locations and hours. Please advise the AJPA Office if the days/hours of these are amended at any time.