Several members of the association have provided their place of work email addresses in lieu of a private email address which causes problems in communicating with you for the following reasons:
- A number of the gateways into companies that you work with will block emails from providers and mail distribution outlets.
- The email accounts at companies belong to the company and are not personal accounts even though you may work there.
- Justices should keep their JP business as private business and not part of the company where you work.
- Your emails are stored on the company servers and even though you may delete the email it will still be stored on their server
- In the case of Justices, it is not professional to use a company email address as your main contact and may compromise you as a Justice in promoting a company as a Justice
- When you leave the company your company email will be deleted and thus no longer valid. If you don’t advise the Registrar /Treasurer we lose contact with you as a Justice.
Anyone can set up a private email address and in most cases, there is no cost. So please consider taking action to set up a private email address and advise the Registrar accordingly.