Certifying copies of qualifications/ID for healthcare professional moving to Australia

This request is usually because the individual wishes to obtain registration in Australia with the Australian Health Practitioners Registration Agency (AHPRA).

A NZ JP can certify these copies but AHPRA specify the wording they require which is subtly different from what is on our AJPA recommended stamps. Therefore we suggest that each JP asks the client whether the copies are being sent to AHPRA and if so, the JP handwrites the wording that is specified, on to each copy. In the past we have had to redo certified copies which do not use the specified wording

  • For a document that does not contain a photo (eg degree certificate) write 

‘I have sighted the original document and certify this to be a true copy of the original’ then sign, date & stamp with details stamp. AHPRA request a contact phone number as well.

  • For a document that does contain a photo (eg passport) write 

‘I certify that this is a true copy of the original and the photograph is a true likeness of the person presenting the document as sighted by me’ then sign, date & stamp with details stamp.  AHPRA request a contact phone number as well.

Further information can be found on the AHPRA website.

Skip to content