AUCKLAND JUSTICES OF THE PEACE ASSOCIATION, INC
Nau mai haere mai
This site offers information about the Auckland Justices of the Peace Association, the services provided by a Justice of the Peace, where and how to find one, and other helpful information.
What can a JP do?
JPs are sworn judicial officers. They undergo regular training and are able to:
- Witness your signing a document
- Certify copies of documents (including email attachments or mobile messages)
- Take oaths, declarations, affidavits (including marriage and civil union dissolutions) and affirmations
- Confirm your identity for financial institutions and other agencies
What should you bring?
Make sure you bring all the necessary material with you.
- Photo ID is desirable (eg driver licence, passport)
- Fill in details on your documents, but do not sign them until you are with the JP.
- For a certified copy, make sure you bring the original; if the document has been printed from the internet, you will need to display the original on a mobile or digital device.